For the second year in a row, Naples was named the happiest, healthiest community in the United States. The Gallup-Healthways 2016 report was released in early March and out of 190 communities, we live in the best one.
What makes us so great? You’d be surprised.
- Collier County is the largest county in Florida with 1.1 million acres of preserve and conservation land since we’re so close to the Everglades.
- Naples is number four in the country for personal income according to a 2014 report. Collier County is the wealthiest county in Florida. Our citizens average over $78,000 a year in personal income.
- According to the Florida Gulf Coast University Regional Economic Research Institute, Collier County is the most economically diverse county in Florida. This means we don’t rely on just one industry to support jobs.
- Collier County’s unemployment rate is less than five percent, according to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
- Naples is considered a top hub of economic growth in the country. We’re expected to grow better and faster than areas like Orlando, Austin, or Dallas.
- Nearly 80 commercial developments were started or built in 2016, contributing to job growth and new business.
- New housing and multi-use developments are being planned or ready for construction that will add tens of thousands of homes to the Naples area over the next few years.
- Arthrex Global is building its headquarters here in Naples and is expected to add over 500 new jobs.
- Because of new recycling centers and other waste management advancements, Naples is one of the least polluted city in Florida and the United States.
- Collier County is home to 62 parks and 43 public access beaches - 10 in Naples and 33 in the county.
- We have one the lowest crime rates in the state of Florida. It fell 7.8 percent in 2016 and is one of the lowest crime rates since 1971 according to the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.
- While property taxes have gone up slightly over the past few years, the millage rate has stayed the same. The reason for the increase? Property values continue to rise.
Ask anyone who lives or visits Naples, and we already knew why our part of Florida is so wonderful. Our 350,000-plus permanent residents and 75,000 non-permanent residents who arrive every winter can’t be wrong. The area is projected to explode in population over the next several years, and housing and commercial development are expected to keep pace.
Not only is Naples one of the safest and cleanest places in the country to live, we have jobs and people make a wage they can live on. While the half million dollar homes may get all the attention, we have plenty of housing under $300,000 a year, too.
Are you ready to make Naples your home and discover why it’s one of the healthiest and happiest cities in the country? Contact me. Let’s talk!